FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Mfrs. & Packaged Food

Enjoy Life - sold to Mondelez

(1/4) > >>

hezzier:
http://enjoylifefoods.com/project/thankyou/

Hope this doesn't change their products

guess:
With the conglomerates I don't think the products change much, however, I do think once the smaller company is absorbed by the conglomerate the reporting policies for allergen warning becomes that of the parent company.  Transparency remains strongest amongst independent owner operators because there is a more direct pipeline of consumer to corporate communication.  The party line of conglomerates has become they'll put a warning on if there is risk, a risk that they have determined by their rubric of allergen management and washes.  This is something most CS reps will have scripted and happily extoll the commitment to allergen management because they have little to no contact with the actual manufacturing. 

It becomes apparent when we compare our field notes here.  We have to learn to decode responses of scripted customer service centers.  If there was a risk it would be labeled... no, no nuts in facility (when their screen probably says something more like what allergens are present in the product instead of shared lines, facility).

I might have a contact in the area still from the FARE conference.  At least for now the products and facility will remain unchanged most likely.  What I would foresee changing most immediately that affects us is that ability for more direct contact for the type of line and facility information we valued in the brand, and increased our brand loyalty.  Take milk.  They have milk in the facility.  In the last year they were more upfront about it declaring that at least the line was dedicated milk free and batch testing was performed.  From here out I would not expect to get even that sort of information under the ownership of a conglomerate for much longer once those business practices transfer.

Macabre:
Some of their tweets:

@enjoylifefoods: @theallergymama @MDLZ thank you for the support! we are excited to keep making trusted free from products with no changes to our process!

@enjoylifefoods: @janie_agk @FoodAllergyBuzz @MDLZ we are not changing, don't you worry. Ingredients and manufacturing remains the same!

@enjoylifefoods: @Deancbss @FoodAllergyBuzz @MDLZ feel free to reach out to Carolyn: cwiesemann@enjoylifefoods.com. We are here to talk through any concerns!

@enjoylifefoods: @NJGirlSEliza @FoodAllergyBuzz @MDLZ we take our responsibility of providing trusted snacks very seriously. Our standards remain the same!

@enjoylifefoods: @FoodAllergyBuzz @MDLZ We are sorry you feel this way. Please know that our ingredients remain the same as well as our dedicated facility.

@enjoylifefoods: @theallergymama @MDLZ Thank you! Our dedicated production, as you know it today will remain the same!

@enjoylifefoods: @FanFreeAllergy yes they are! we are excited that we will be able to grow our allergy-friendly product offerings too!

guess:
time capsule.  Let's recheck in one calendar year.

Jessica:
seems like a weird conflict of interest. Company that is solidly against GMOs merging with a company that has probably advocated against GMO labeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version