FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Snyder's Poppers Cinnamon/SUgar  (Read 2594 times)

Description: no peanut warning!

Offline nameless

Snyder's Poppers Cinnamon/SUgar
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »
These must be made in a different facility than the rest of their stuff (which all carry a peanut/facility warning):

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/products/snyder-s-of-hanover-pretzel-poppers/cinnamon-sugar-poppers.html

Picked some up, they are YUMMEH!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:10:44 PM by nameless »
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline Jessica

Re: Snyder's Poppers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »
Do you know if they actually do label always for shared facility or do they only add the warning if they feel there's a risk?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Snyder's Poppers
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
I bought these and the plain ones the other day.  The plain ones have a peanut warning on the label.  I recently saw a FB post about snyders spoons also being made in a Nut free facility.  We are not PA so I have not called or looked into this.

Offline nameless

Re: Snyder's Poppers Cinnamon/SUgar
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
Hmmm...I dunno for sure, but I thought Snyder's was a good labeler...meaning, if there is any risk, they'll put it on the label.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:34 PM »
Wow--I saw several of their products at the grocery store tonight that were labeled like they'd be okay.  I saw DS eating a bag of their pretzels at a speech tournament a few weeks ago and tried not to freak out.  But it makes sense now that the label probably didn't say anything about peanuts.  I saw many that did not. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline bookedup

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:58:52 PM »
I just contacted them since my son refused to eat the bag that I purchased. To him Synder's = unsafe.  Here is their response:

"Yes, our Pretzel Poppers are currently produced in a facility that is peanut and tree nut and peanut butter free.

The date code on the front of the package would have the 2 letters ZZ at the beginning of the 2nd line within the code information, confirming this is our peanut, tree and peanut butter free facility.

Hope this helps."

Maybe they will begin to manufacture more in this facility.

DS (15) - Allergic to PN, TN, Lentils and Peas.  Outgrew Strawberries, Bananas, Chickpeas, String beans, Shrimp, Crab and Lobster.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
Cool!  ThT sounds like something my kids will like!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy