login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Waxing?  (Read 2347 times)

Description:

Offline starlight

Waxing?
« on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »
I injured my right hand over the weekend and shaving did NOT go well. Has anyone with PA/TNA been to a salon for waxing? I'm going to call a place tonight but wanted to check here first cause if peanut oil, almond oil, etc. is a standard ingredient I won't bother...

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Waxing?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 07:51:48 PM »
I only get my brows done, so I'm not sure about other parts...  One time I broke out in hives because she put some soothing oily stuff on right after she did it. I didn't realize she was going to do it until after the fact and there were no ingredients on her container. Since then, I've told her not to use it and haven't had any problems. At first I suspected nut, but now I think it's probably more likely it was tea tree which I'm also horribly allergic to.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline SilverLining

Re: Waxing?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:41:37 AM »
Never been to a salon, but home stuff comes with that soothing after-oil too. It was one of those things that just made me nervous....I trust that instinct. Instead I used a hand/body cream that is safe for me.  Just a normal cream, not an oil.