login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: irish man died an hour after being treated for peanut allergy.  (Read 2918 times)

Description: old story, but worth re-visiting.

Offline eragon

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-died-an-hour-after-being-treated-for-peanut-allergy-26531233.html

Am reposting this old story, because even now after my sons recent anaphylaxis people are advising me to take him to people like the above and get him 'properly cured'
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline daisy madness

Re: irish man died an hour after being treated for peanut allergy.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »
This story is so sad.  I wonder if the patient had an Epi at home.  People are often so misguided about FA.  One person told me that she outgrew her peanut allergy by eating a lot of blueberries, so I should feed my son blueberries.  Someone else told me that i should read up about food combining and that if I properly combined foods, he would be able to eat his allergens with no reactions. 

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:05:04 AM »
 :disappointed:   

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ninjaroll

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »
This story is so sad.  I wonder if the patient had an Epi at home.  People are often so misguided about FA.  One person told me that she outgrew her peanut allergy by eating a lot of blueberries, so I should feed my son blueberries.  Someone else told me that i should read up about food combining and that if I properly combined foods, he would be able to eat his allergens with no reactions.

Man, oh man.  My friend tried to 'advise' me on this yesterday.  Not the wisest choice she's ever made.