FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Easter help please. Ive heard cake mix can be turned into biscuits.  (Read 2453 times)

Description: Easter food for no dairy and nuts.

Offline Chantelle.Tasmania

• 15 month old child allergic to dairy and nuts.
EASTER eggs -- 15 month old has dairy and nut ALLERGY ...
Its Easter this week and I have a 1 year old whom is allergic to nuts & Dairy. Silly me left it to the last minute as I thought the health works would have dairy and nut free cooking chocolate which they did not.
So I left the store with a marble cake mix and a chocolate brownie mix.
(I've heard cake mixtures can be turned into cookies so I thought .. )
the marble cake mix I could use my cake pop maker to make them and share them with my two older children.
Now the chocolate brownie mix, is it possible without wreaking them to chuck some popping candy, jelly beans fizzies and divide them into my chocolate Easter molds?
Also icing? ..
Thankyou :-)

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Hi Chatelle and welcome!  :bye:

I'm not really sure if the brownie mix will work in chocolate molds, but I'm guessing not.  It would be pretty easy to just make them like regular brownies and then top with Easter colored icing and candies.  There are plenty of dairy free icing recipes (search for vegan recipes) or, if you have a recipe you like, we should be able to suggest substitutes for you.  If you can find safe chocolate chips, those will work for melting into molds or they can be sprinkled on top of the hot brownies and then gently spread once they melt.

Also, FWIW, the popping candy (Pop Rocks) we have here in the US contains dairy.

I'm going to move your post to the recipes thread so hopefully more people will see it and respond since it's been a long time since I've cooked dairy free.  :)
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
I'm not sure what country you're in, but if you are in the US, Enjoy Life makes dairy free chocolate chips (and they're tasty!).

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

ninjaroll

Since you use the words icing, biscuits and fizzies along with Tasmania in your forum handle, can I ask if which country you're in?  It will help us determine if the brands we would recommend are available to you.  You wrote mold instead of mould so I'm not quite sure other than you're recognizing Easter.  Most of us are USA or Canada.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Okay---good point.  I bet she actually is in Tasmania. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts