FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

The Breakfast Thread

(1/15) > >>

Macabre:
So--what did y'all eat this morning at your house--no matter who made it? 

At ours today:

Pillsbury crescent rolls with Nutella inside. I used the 4 pack of rolls, or else I would have done some with cheese inside to have some savory ones.

DH will put jam inside. I wonder what that would be like with a little cream cheese--probably better than jam alone. Jam gets very messy very quickly. A little dab'll do ya. 

Macabre:
Linking this thread. This thread is about ideas for breakfast, and the teen breakfast thread has some good ones.

Looking for quick easy breakfast for Teen

Macabre:
Today:  breakfast burrito Italian style (we only had 6-cheese Italian shredded cheese in hand). I did a two-egg burrito, since I had the 8" flour tortillas on hand (with the smaller ones I do one egg).

It's wrapped and ready yk grab on the way out the door, which is how breakfast happens on school mornings and why I am looking for more ideas).

momtoAidenDeclan:
DS# 2 and I use this often:
http://www.hhgregg.com/hamilton-beach-breakfast-sandwich-maker/item/25475?cid=PLA-11906630-217489&mr:referralID=de28f0d9-e3ba-11e4-82f7-001b2166c2c0
I use the "light" whole grain eng.muffins, we put on cholula hot sauce, cheese and mine get spinach or avocoado.  DS gets a banana or apple on the side with a glass of milk

We also do a lot tortilla/egg burritos (Cholula, potatoes, salsa, sausage, bacon, cheese...whatever we have...), with fruit on the side.

DS#1 eats an egg sandwich/burrito, bowl (i.e. trough ~)) of cereal and a fruit - he's 15 and on the track team - bottomless pit!

Sometimes ds#2 wants 2 fried eggs, toast and fruit.

This morning I had an egg, and 1/2 avocado on a piece of toast.

3+ times/week I try to do a green smoothie (16oz)and I eat a handful of almonds or cashews later in the morning - the boys will drink an 8 oz serving if I make them

leftover crepes/pancakes/waffles - when I make these on weekends I make extra for school mornings :)

I have a POT of tea b/4 I get to work :hiding:

becca:
Typical here is cereal.  My kids don't eat eggs, dd will eat bacon with her cereal if I make it.  Sometimes I make crepes or french toast. 

For me, I often have 1-2 scrambled eggs or egg beaters, I ma or may not add a little cheese, or do an omelette with onions and spinach or Kale.  Other days, I may do 3 turkey breakfast sausage links and something else, maybe one egg, or egg beaters, or some piece of toast or a light English muffin.  Always decaf coffee with half and half.  If I am avoiding gluten, which i float in and out of, I may add quinoa to my scramble for some carbs. 

I should get back into smoothies.  I like one with Greek yogurt, spinach, blueberries, ground flax and a packet of truvia.  I add some ice and water to it as needed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version