FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: The Breakfast Thread  (Read 25462 times)

Description: What did you make?

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: The Breakfast Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »
Sigh...last day of state testing, so, I had to feed ds once again.  Blueberry pancakes. 

Dd had plain pancakes. 

I am embarrassed to say what I had.  Okay, okay.  I had a hot dog on a soft, white bread bun.  I had a craving, lol. 

I have already roasted a head of cauliflower, which I plan to make into some sort of casserole to eat later. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
Lol.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Scout

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
kids both got bacon, toast and yogurt

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 06:46:52 AM »
Well, it's AP Lang test today, so I had to feed DS. Today he got a nice dose of protein in an Egg MacMuffin with an extra slice of cheese.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
Well done, McC!  Such a good parent!  ;)

Ds will not even try eggs straight up.  French toast is the closest I get with him, and did can eat it too. Both were back to breakfast cereal this am.   

I did better for me today.  3 turkey breakfast links and 1/2 banana.  I would have had the whole banana, but it was big and my tummy is a bit blah today.  Not so hungry.  Think I overdid the cauliflower casserole yesterday! 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »
We do a lot of straight up eggs. So my posts in this thread are not very useful for people dealing with egg allergy.

I use this to make my MacMuffins:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 07:40:49 AM »
Does that cook on a fry pan, McC?  It is sitting on one, is why I ask, or does it go in the microwave?  I just fry an egg with a spritz of pam or oil.  I break the yolk, or I use egg beaters. 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »
It's in a little skillet (this one has a metal bar for the handle). It just makes a nice form for the muffins. And bagels. I make MacBagels sometimes. If I wanted to make a pancake sandwich and have uniform pancakes, I bet this could work. Santa put it in DH's stocking, but like other kitchen gadgets (DH does not like gadgets), it is really for me. :)

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 08:48:51 AM »
Today--needed something super fast. I did a Nutella/banana roll up (with tortilla).

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »
It is exhausting reading this thread.  I am clearly not a morning person.  I will clean and cut up fruit and that goes with cereal and juice.  I can't imagine planning breakfast.  For me it's 2 Fibercon and a lactose free yogurt.

Gold stars for this group of breakfast super heros!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »
My kids make their own breakfast.  DD eats bagels with cream cheese, fruit and OJ or she will eat Nature's Path blueberry waffles (no syrup) with fruit and OJ.  DS is currently eating vanilla greek yogurt, fruit and OJ.  He used to mix in Enjoy Life flax balls, but he doesn't seem to want those.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
Well, I don't plan breakfast. Hardly ever. 

But it's a huge luxury for me to not be getting ready to leave for work (has been when I worked FT remotely from home and now while I'm looking for a job), and it's so cool to be able to do this.  I went for a couple of years when I did not even see DS until the evening because I had to leave the house before he got up--by 6:10 am for my hour long commute--didn't get home until 6:30 or 7:00 pm every night. 

Soon I will no doubt have to leave before DS goes to school for a commute to an office, and I'll be spending my time after getting up on me--getting ready and out the door.

Being home in the mornings now--wow--it's an amazing thing and something I do not take for granted.  It's really wonderful to be able to make breakfast for DS.  And he's not going to sit ate the table and eat cereal.  It's just not going to happen.  I can totally relate--he got that from me.  Nothing bothers me more in the morning than to stop the momentum of getting out the door with sitting down to eat breakfast.  I hated that as a kid and I hate it as an adult. 

So I make him breakfast on the go. He eats it in the car as I take him.  It's a fun thing for me most mornings, but I don't think it will last very long.  Then he'll need to do his own breakfasts in the mornings, but I will freeze some breakfast sandwiches, burritos and tacos for him to nuke. Otherwise I know he'll just grab a nutrigrain bar.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Cantaloupe kebabs and bagel.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 06:09:09 AM »
Trying these this morning. I've got a banana that's mostly dead.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambianchi/three-ingredient-pancakes-you-need-to-try

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 07:59:23 AM »
That did not end well.

So it was like a banana-y, lumpy crepe. But I am not the crepe maker in our house. I had to put the umburned ones in an English muffin for holding.