login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Biotin  (Read 1242 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Biotin
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:07:03 AM »
re-posted this in a different spot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:54:37 PM by Princess Cheese »
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Online YouKnowWho

Re: Biotin
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
No help on the Biotin but wanted to ask if you are straightening, pulling hair into pony tail, brushing often, etc?  I know that is when my shedding is at it's worst.  Also seems to be a seasonal thing for me.  I do serious damage to our drains and my vacuum cleaner hates me  :misspeak:
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: Biotin
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
See, I thought it was just a seasonal shedding.  Like, I wash every other day, sometimes every 3.  I do wear it in a pony tail a lot (5 kids, kinda have to sometimes, plus I work out 6/7 days a week).  So yeah I do damage it that way I know for sure.  I do straighten, but I use heat protectant.  I avoid brushing it at times because it freaks me out to see large amounts of hair come out.  But my hair is naturally frizzy/curly, and an all around general hassle.  So yep, I do damage it, but I still think I'm losing way too much.  I did have it trimmed last week, hoping that was make it ease up, and my hair dresser said it still looks the same to her and doesn't see any thinning (spotted a gray hair though..  :dunce: ).. so I switched to Redkin shampoo to keep it healther.. ugh I don't know.  It's been about 1.5-2 months of this! :(
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3