FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Iceland Air  (Read 2348 times)

Description: :thumbsup:

Offline spacecanada

Iceland Air
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
Wow, both my travel agent and I are impressed with Iceland Air!  We are flying with them in a few weeks to Europe and back.  Upon notifying them of the food allergy, they requested a doctor's note or medical record of the allergy.  We sent in some details from MedicAlert because getting a doctor's note was more complicated (and cost money).  We just received a letter from Iceland Air stating that they will remove all peanuts, tree nuts, and potatoes form our flights and cabin crew will be notified of the allergy as well. 

:happydance:

Kudos to them!  (So far, that is... the final word will come back when we return home.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline spacecanada

Re: Iceland Air
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
Just got home yesterday from our trip to Norway.  Icelandair was very accommodating: removing nuts from the for-sale food carts (and were going to remove potatoes but I said it wasn't necessary), and made an announcement.  They serve no free snacks either.  And my allergies were listed on my boarding pass - that's a new one.  Will fly with them again, for sure!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum