FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Still not sure what happened...  (Read 2349 times)

Description:

Offline notashrimpwimp

Still not sure what happened...
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:50 PM »
Early this morning I experienced a terrible reaction. It came in suddenly and I did not recognize the symptoms. Thankfully my DF realized what was happening.

It started with my snack of black pepper and sea salt brown rice triscuits and some thin beef jerky. I took a sip of a Sierra Mist that had expired on May 21, so I quickly put that away.

Less than fifteen minutes later my stomach hurt and I noticed hives on my stomach. I went to sit and noticed my nose had swollen shut. As I sat, I experienced the most excruciating stomach pain. I also felt nauseated and couldn't stand up properly. It seemed like my stomach and uterus were in concert, synchronizing their cramping for maximum effect.

I walked back to my couch and that was when I noticed my hands and feet were blue and icy. My face and chest were hot and flushed, and I started shaking uncontrollably.

I took my Benadryl and hesitated to use my Epi, but DF insisted. It didn't help so we decided to go to the ER.

I don't know where to begin figuring out what happened. I had eaten both of those snacks earlier this week and have had Sierra mist, albeit a while ago.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:58:43 PM by notashrimpwimp »

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Still not sure what happened...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 07:20:13 PM »
Yikes. I hope you're doing better now.

I've reacted to the brown rice triscuits. I don't know what's in then, but I can't eat them.

You should consider calling for transport--esp if the Epi isn't helping. You never kmow how a reaction will turn.

:grouphug:
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline notashrimpwimp

Re: Still not sure what happened...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
Thank you.

I don't know why I am so worried about taking an ambulance. I think it is the cost. Still flushing and itching. I was given one dose of pred. only, so wondering if that may be contributing.