FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Wendy's and Sesame - US specific  (Read 3487 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Wendy's and Sesame - US specific
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »

Food Allergy Research & Education
8 hrs ·
Ingredient Notice from Wendy's (These notices are distributed when food manufacturers provide information to FARE about upcoming changes in their products.)
Wendy’s is currently testing a new Grilled Chicken Sandwich in seven U.S. markets - Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Orlando, Gainesville, Kansas City and Austin. The new sandwich available in the seven test markets contains egg and milk in the sauce, along with wheat and sesame in the bun. Each of our sandwiches is made to order, so please feel free to request your sandwich made with a different bun or without the tangy herb sauce. The multigrain bun is placed in the same toaster as our premium sandwich buns, which are used for our larger sandwiches, so please request your sandwich buns WITHOUT TOASTING if you have concerns about cross contact with the multigrain bun ingredients.

Ingredient Notice: Wendy’s Testing New Grilled Chicken Sandwich in Select U.S. Markets
Wendy’s is currently testing a new Grilled Chicken Sandwich in seven U.S. markets - Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Orlando, Gainesville, Kansas City and Austin.
FOODALLERGY.ORG

http://www.foodallergy.org/alerts/ingredient-notices-feed
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:24:47 AM by Macabre »

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Wendy's - US specific
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »
Thank you for posting, SL.

I guess now is the time I can say glad I don't live in Austin?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 12:44:11 PM »
Are the buns now unsafe for sesame allergy?

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »
Wendy's now has a salad with hummus. And the hummus does have tahini. It's not in a separate packet but applied with a squeeze bottle that employees fill daily.

I asked them to change gloves to make my samdwich when going through the drive through, and they happily did--said they understood the issue of CC.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Wendy's and Sesame - US specific
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
Oh bloody he!l.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

alliedhealth

Re: Wendy's and Sesame - US specific
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »
it is no longer a test market- the multi-seed bun with sesame is now part of the regular menu in NC(see Wendy's allergen listing online) for chicken sandwiches- run through the same toaster as premium buns per managers here in NC-the smaller burgers may possibly have buns not toasted but for other sandwiches have heard that if you are avoiding these allergens you will need to make sure you ask for the buns not to be toasted. Again, I would defer the Wendy's website and customer reps for accuracy to be sure