login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: allergies to corn eggs and milk  (Read 4920 times)

Description:

Offline Charles.M.

allergies to corn eggs and milk
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:42 PM »
my son is 13 years old after testing he is allergic to eggs milk and corn what meals can I feed him

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: allergies to corn eggs and milk
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
Those are difficult allergens to avoid.  Has your son shown reactions to those ingredients?  Testing has a high rate of false positives, so a food allergy diagnosis shouldn't be based on test results alone.

We have milk and egg sections of this forum that you may find useful as well as a few corn threads in the other allergens section.  I'll warn you, corn is the hardest to avoid because it's not a top 8 allergen and doesn't have to be labeled.  Also, it's in EVERYTHING.  To avoid corn, you're looking at primarily single ingredient foods - meat (but not if it has added broth/water/solution like most poultry), fresh fruits and veggies, dried rice and beans, etc.  Many spices and even table salt contain corn.  Often things like pizza crust, bread, etc. are dusted with corn meal.  Canned goods manufacturers will dust the inside of the cans with corn starch before adding the food product.  Toothpaste contains corn.  Most medications contain corn.  Chances are your son is unknowingly eating/exposed to corn a lot.  The good news is, if he's not reacting, he's probably not allergic or at least has a very high tolerance and can just avoid obvious corn.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.