FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Moved to Kansas  (Read 3804 times)

Description: Need DR Info

Offline wackattack69

Moved to Kansas
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »
Hi All!
 Been a while since I have been on here:) We have recently relocated from Texas to Kansas and I am in desperate need of a good Asthma/Allergy dr for my 19 year old. We live near Wichita, if that is any help.
 I have only found 1 but he is kind of a kook, even though he is supposed to be the best.
 He did the prick test on DD Friday (for trees,pets,etc...no food) and she has had a cough since then. She feels like her throat is swollen? This is all new to me. How could there be a connection if nothing was ingested?
 When the test was over, they gave her a Zyrtec, not Benadryl. I have given her Benadryl Friday night (day of the test) and Saturday night and she will have it again tonight.
 She is supposed to start allergy shots in September, but I don't feel comfortable until we get his cough/throat thing resolved.
 Sorry to ramble. I've been gone a while and you all have been my lifeline.

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Moved to Kansas
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:50 AM »
 :bye:

Hi!

Have you tried her inhaler?  Sometimes my DD needs hers a few times after skin prick testing.

My DD started allergy shots last September for grasses, dust, and trees.  She had a much better tree pollen season this past spring!  Still needed her meds but no crisis days.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
Have you tried searching on-line or facebook for any local allergy support groups in the area?  They would have good info on doctors.

Offline wackattack69

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:41:47 PM »
  PurpleCat-yes, I finally told her to use her rescue inhaler..which helped for an hour or so, BUT her PF< was fine! So that makes no sense to me.
  Thanks for the encouragement regarding allergy shots:)
  DD is allergic to grasses, dust and almost every tree there is--Kansas was not the best place for a move, but sometimes we don't have the luxury of choosing those things.
 Thanks so much for responding, I appreciate it.