login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: No bake energy bites (using sunbutter)  (Read 2096 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
No bake energy bites (using sunbutter)
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

A friend posted these on FB and said her kids love them...don't ask for chips anymore so I thought I'd make some.  Firming up in the fridge now before I make the balls.  We've all tasted the mix and it's good.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: No bake energy bites (using sunbutter)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »
Did you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut?  Did you grind your own flax?  I have some that is already ground.  I am guessing that works too.  I need to try making those. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 07:55:03 AM »
I could only find sweetened coconut at the grocery store.  Edward and Son's has an unsweetened coconut, but I'd have to figure out where I can buy it.  I bought a cheap coffee grinder and ground the flax seeds myself.  I couldn't find any already ground flax meal at the store anyway.

I used my pampered chef mini scoop and came out with 32 balls.  I packaged 4 balls per snack bag and have them in the fridge. 

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
Thanks.  I never see unsweetened coconut either.  But, I did recently, and cannot recall where, lol.  Should have snagged it.  Or at least checked the label.  Maybe it was Stop and Shop organic area?  I plan to try these.  Seems similar to Tanabar.  Seems maybe one could stretch it a bit by also adding some rice crispy type cereal, but that would add carbs and reduce the protein ratio.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »
We :heart: these too!  Endless options.

In Canada, you can find top-10-free (coconut contains sulphites) desiccated coconut at Sobey's.  Their house brand (Our Compliments) comes in unsweetened, sweetened, fancy, medium, flaked, etc. So many varieties.  We only buy unsweetened medium coconut due to preference.

Some of our favourite energy ball recipes are here, if you're looking for other varieties:
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/fudge-baby-mania/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:08:54 PM by spacecanada »
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum