imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Made Good Granola Bars and Minis  (Read 3642 times)

Description: Canadian product, but I found them locally

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Made Good Granola Bars and Minis
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »
http://www.madegoodfoods.com/

So I ran into these at a local Apple Farm's market.  I bought the chocolate chip and banana chocolate chip granola bars to try.  DS had a chocolate chip one yesterday...liked it, but it was very firm and a little hard to chew, they are also quite small (so not sure how long these will last around our house).  I will need to go back and buy some other flavors as well as the mini bites.

I sent the company an email about tree nuts and sesame since they also make raw and sprouted granola bars that contain tree nuts and sesame.  Here's the response...

Thank you for your interest in MadeGood products

MadeGood manufacturing facility is peanut free. Peanuts are not allowed in the facility, even in employees snacking or lunches!

We do manufacture in two different buildings, both are peanut free, one is fully allergen free and the other carries nuts and sesame.

Rest assure that we take all the measures at hand to be true to the products claims.

Thank you again for your interest and wish you a great week.

Kindest regards
Alex Neira

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Made Good Granola Bars and Minis
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:41:57 AM »
These are now available on amazon by the case, price comes out to 3.49 per box of granola bites.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
So I sent them an email thanking them for making their product available on Amazon and asked if they ever thought of making just straight granola.  The rep said they would pass along the request.  I just got back a second email that said they were already working on it and will announce on FB when it's available.

Offline maeve

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:26:08 PM »
I first found them at my local Wegman's. We really like the apple cinnamon minis.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:38 PM »
I should have ordered that flavor instead of the one with chocolate...got very melty due to hot temps

Offline maeve

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »
I should have ordered that flavor instead of the one with chocolate...got very melty due to hot temps

I think even the apple cinnamon would be melty. They're very soft, loose granola bars. There's not much binder. I actually liked that, but they did fall apart easily.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Jessica

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:19 AM »
I know this thread was started a long time ago. It looks like all of the granola bars and the minis are now made in pn and tn free facilities. No mention of sesame.

http://www.madegoodfoods.com/us/nutrition/faq/
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

MadeGood

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »
Hello,

All MadeGood granola snacks (bars and minis) are made in a dedicated facility free of the top 8 allergens as well sesame. Hope this helps!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »
They are come out with granola.  We are getting a free sample...woohoo.