FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Need Help - Egg Free Donut recipe  (Read 1972 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Need Help - Egg Free Donut recipe
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:17:03 AM »
DS wants me to make donuts and I have misplaced the recipe.  A member here posted it years ago - an egg free baked cake donut. I think it might have been Hezzier?  If someone has it, please post today.  I found the old thread with a link but it took me to a generic Hyperboards page.  Thanks.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Need Help - Egg Free Donut recipe
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »
There's this one - not what you're looking for, but might work in a pinch
Egg Free Donut Holes,: PN-free and TN-free too

Looks like our old boards are gone.  I tried using WaybackMachine, but no luck.  Have you tried googling "eggless baked donuts" (since that's how the recipe was posted) or even just vegan donuts and see if any similar recipes pop up?  I googled the exact thread title "Eggless Baked Donuts: can be dairy-free too if you need them to be" which narrowed it to only two results - the link here and the post there. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:07:51 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
Got it!!!  Thank you Google caching

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_JtSPnxN9ScJ:allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/10022+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Posted by hk April 15, 2009
I got a donut pan on Amazon for about $10 for these. They turned out great. You can also just pipe the dough in a circle on a cookie sheet.

Baked Donuts

Dry Ingredients:
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp (scant) Nutmeg
1 tiny pinch or shake Cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Soymilk
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Egg Replacer for 1 Egg (I used 3 Tbs. cornstarch wisked with 3 Tbs water)
4 Tbs Butter or your substitute of choice

Preheat oven to 350º F
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk to mix thoroughly. Combine wet ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium low heat and mix until earth balance is melted. This mixture should NOT get too hot, you should be able to stick your finger in the mixture. It should feel slightly warm.

Add wet to dry and mix until just combined. It should form a very soft dough.

Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out dough into your ungreased nonstick donut pan. Fill about half full.

Bake for 12 minutes. They should not be browned on top, but a tester will come out clean. Invert hot pan over a cutting board or cooling rack to release donuts. Allow to cool completely before decorating.

Glaze with Sprinkles
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tbs Soymilk
Bowl full of sprinkles (1/4 to 1/2 cup, ish?)
Whisk soymilk and powdered sugar together. Dip the “bottom” half of the donut (the side with the nicer shape) into the glaze, let some drip off, then dip glaze-side down into sprinkles. Transfer to a wire rack that has been set on top of some parchment paper. The excess glaze will drip through the rack onto the paper for easy cleaning later.

We did about 1/3 with sprinkles (pink icing), 1/3 with coconut and 1/3 with melted Guittard chocolate chips.

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:13:34 AM »
Thank you so much!!!!