FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: mix up at macdonalds  (Read 1645 times)

Description:

Offline eragon

mix up at macdonalds
« on: November 25, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »
son 19yrs  ordered a no mayo wrap at while at college today, his order came with 'no mayo' label, but did contain it, lots of it.

he took loads of antihistamine, and had ongoing symptoms (refused to use epi , ~)  :insane:

anyway all  is ok in end.

I got college student support to find him and watch him for me, just in case and I went to pick him up.
 Only got his call because I am off work and ill with chest infection. Thankfully over the worst, i look almost human today rather than someone one step from being a zombie.
 Son looked dreadful, as expected have spent evening prodding him to ask him how he feels. Am get the distinct feeling I am annoying him. But still,  he breathes, so i am content.

Son has learnt to be more cautious and  look in to his food before he eats it and I am going to call head office of Macdonalds and let them know which branch made the mistake. 

Shame son didnt keep the food, but he did take photos of it with 'no mayo' label and mayo inside it.

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: mix up at macdonalds
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
Wow.   :-[  I'm glad that he's okay, Eragon.

This is my worry with our teens and young adults-- that they bite into stuff after giving the info, and that's fine if it has been heeded... but human beings definitely make mistakes. 

SO glad that this one only cost an evening of worry and misery and not worse.   :grouphug:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
I'm glad he's okay now. That is so scary.

What a cool head he must have had to grab pictures of it. Good for him.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:24:27 PM »
Wow, that's some mixup!  Glad he's OK, and that you're on the mend.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline eragon

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 07:05:30 AM »
have contacted McDonalds head office and they say they are launching an investigation. I dont know what that means really. I just want them to be more careful in future and not risk a life.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
I'm glad he is ok! In pour experience McDonald's screws up about 95% of the time. Mostly kids who don't really care. We don't even get food for ds there anymore because even non sesame roles have a seed or two on the bottom about 75% of the time.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Heart of Texas

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
We stopped going to McDonalds after we saw the employee use the same pair of tongs for several different items, oblivious to cross contamination.  I just think these teenage minimum wage employees in high volume food service don`t get it about the allergies.  Glad he is okay.