FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: I have a stupid hopeful feeling  (Read 1235 times)

Description:

Offline TwoDDs

I have a stupid hopeful feeling
« on: March 03, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
DD is coming up for regular appt. and food challenge (tree nuts) in the coming months.  So, I called for lab slip and received one indicating not only peanut IGE (a test I thought the Dr. was going to stop ordering as she is always >100) but also component testing for peanut.

At some point, I said something during an appointment (I indicated that I felt ambivalent about whether or not DD is actually allergic to shellfish - she has never been exposed and her test results over the years have been low and inconsistent) that I think made the doctor believe I would exhibit risky behavior in connection with DDs allergies if he gave me too much information.  Make no mistake, he is dead wrong.  But, he has, nonetheless, not been forthcoming with his feelings about JoJos clinical allergy status for some time.

It is silly to hope given her numbers, I know - but I'm really wanting to hope this means he has at least some reason to think that her history merits this inquiry and expense.    :crossed: Or, perhaps now that insurance largely covers such - he just orders them for all his PA patients.   :dunno:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: I have a stupid hopeful feeling
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »
:crossed:  You never know, RIGHT??
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline spacecanada

Re: I have a stupid hopeful feeling
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »
Never give up hope.  Hope for something good, even if it feels far away or unlikely.  Sometimes that gut feeling of hope can do a lot, mean a lot, or help you through the stress of the situation.  Even if it doesn't result in lower numbers, that's okay too.  Fingers crossed for your DD. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum