FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Vegan Dessert Recipes?  (Read 2736 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Vegan Dessert Recipes?
« on: March 10, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »
Can anyone suggest a source of good vegan dessert recipes?

I have to supply a dessert for a dinner; must be vegan. All suggestions welcome!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Vegan Dessert Recipes?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
You can try here, she does some stuff vegan...I've never looked for vegan si not sure what kinds of items she has.  Everything we have made from here has been delicious.

http://artofdessert.blogspot.com/search/label/vegan?m=0

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »
Thanks!
N.E. US

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 06:19:51 PM »
My mom is vegan, so when she comes over I always make sure I have some vegan dessert.  My standby is chocolate.  I use Guittard, and I mix it with shredded coconut or Rice Krispies and put in mini muffin liners, or cover pretzels, or make some kind of bark with it.  I have also done wacky cake for her.
USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline buttons

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »
Jaime Oliver has many vegan recipes on his site.

There's always fruit and cookies. Vegan ice cream. I like this recipe, with syrup rather than honey. Can be reheated or served at room temp.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016641-grilled-vanilla-ginger-pineapple

Also, Whole Foods makes vegan cakes.  :D

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »
Those all look great, and if I were doing it at my own home, I'd definitely do the grilled pineapple - it's one of my favorite desserts. 

There's a Whole Foods right next to the place where I'm getting my car serviced later, so I'm going to check out what they have.  I also think that one of my recipes would translate well to vegan if I use coconut milk instead of regular milk, but I'm not too keen to experiment on a crowd.

Thanks everyone!
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »
My sister makes really good vegan cupcakes.  Here's an email she sent me about the recipes she likes:

Okay, so here are the two recipes that I make that I use the coconut flour for.  The first is a basic chocolate cupcake.  It contains coconut milk, and calls for almond flour/meal.  Since I'm always making these for your family too, I learned that I can substitue coconut flour whenever a recipe calls for almond meal/flour and it works just fine.  I've used this cupcake as a base for s'mores cupcakes (adding crumbled graham crackers to the batter and doing a marshmallow frosting).  I've also used it for the chocolate orange cupcake, adding a bit of orange juice for part of the liquid called for.

http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2009/09/the-go-to-chocolate-cupcake.html

The other one is a basic vanilla cupcake.  Again, the coconut flour is a good sub for the almond meal/flower.  You can add just about anything to this one - fruit, fillings, etc. but it's also just a really nice vanilla cake.  This also has the same combo of soy milk and apple cider vinegar (that I use for red velvet cupcakes) that mimics buttermilk, so it has that nice flavor too.

http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2009/11/the-go-to-vanilla-cupcake.html

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »
I knew you guys would come through! This is SOAK, after all.   ;D
N.E. US