FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Grapes make my face flush  (Read 5761 times)

Description:

Offline Joshjosh

Grapes make my face flush
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:08:11 PM »
When I first started drinking wine my face would flush. Blamed it on Asian flush. But now when I eat grapes my face flushes too. Would this be an allergy or more of a histamine intolerance? Would like to enjoy grapes again.

Offline spacecanada

Re: Grapes make my face flush
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
Sulphites, maybe? They are often added to grapes and wines and many people are sensitive to them. They are also added to dried fruits and some other beverages, among other things. Sulphites are listed as a priority allergen in Canada.

I don't know much else about sulphite allergy or sensitivity though, other than it is treated like a food allergy with total avoidance.  Just thought I would point it out.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Joshjosh

Re: Grapes make my face flush
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 09:08:46 AM »
Sulphites, maybe? They are often added to grapes and wines and many people are sensitive to them. They are also added to dried fruits and some other beverages, among other things. Sulphites are listed as a priority allergen in Canada.

I don't know much else about sulphite allergy or sensitivity though, other than it is treated like a food allergy with total avoidance.  Just thought I would point it out.

Never heard of that. Maybe I can find some sulfate free grapes and try them. Thank you!