login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Make up  (Read 6607 times)

Description: Well labeled

Offline SilverLining

Make up
« on: April 20, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
http://www.marcelle.com/en/

Not only does their website list ingredients, it also list may contains (by product). There is also a page that lists certain ingredients and what allergen that ingredient contains.

Offline SilverLining

Re: Make up
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »
I am again looking for make up.

If a product is “oil free” would that mean free of peanuts, nuts and sesame seeds? All are oily.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
Have you looked into Kiss Freely?
https://kissfreely.com

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:54:48 PM »
Kiss Freely will make custom products and colours too.  I don't like their lip gloss (not thick enough for my preference) but everything else I have tried has been great.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline MaryM

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »
My DD loves Kiss Freely - we have a few eyeshadows and a mineral foundation.  She just got a sample lipstick which seems perfect for when she is in shows and needs to look natural under the lights. She loves the lip gloss but she is 11.  I am not a fan of gloss so I have not tried it.  Maybe 'd like theirs since its a bit lighter.  We have had great customer service - they have made matte eyeshadows for me.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
I need to see what I’m buying in a store. I have not worn any makeup in over 30 years and just guessing or going by colours on a screen will not work for me.

I have 2 grads this spring and a wedding in the fall.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
I buy Neutrogena eye shadow, Almay eye pencil, Physician’s Formula powder and cover stick, and Estée Lauder blush.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
NYC brand is what we used to buy for DS for stage makeup.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
SL, buying online could work for you if you do your colors (Color Me Beautiful) and know in general which colors work for you and which don't. I’m not seeing s difference between buying in a store and buying online. You could go to a store to peek around at colors, even if you don’t buy those. 

I did not know about Kiss Me Freely! Very cool. It looks like they don’t have a very wide palette at this point. Hopefully that will change.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »
Look at the same thing on two screens and colours/shades are not always the same. And I knew what worked for me 30 years ago. Might not be the same now.

But, with sunscreen I always go with oil free. Make up should be safe that way too.

Offline jcollaer

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 01:50:53 AM »
I had my first allergic reaction to lipstick. I have a shellfish allergy.  I bought some urban decay lipstick and my mouth and throat immediately got swollen and I had a hard time breathing. So now I am going through my makeup to try and figure out which ingredients in makeup to avoid. I have researched and researched and haven’t been able to find much. Does anyone know the ingredients to avoid?

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »
Welcome!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! 

I don't deal with SF allergy, but the thing that immediately pops into my head is "collagen" or "protein".  Perhaps your allergen is a possible source for these ingredients?

Makeup should be subject to the same labeling laws as food is.  :disappointed:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »
There is a red coloring that is made from bug shells.  Bug shells and shellfish have similar proteins, so I wonder if the coloring in the lipstick triggered a shellfish reaction or if perhaps you're allergic to both?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline jcollaer

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
That is possible. One of the lipsticks is red in color but the other one is clear and glittery.  I am going to go get allergy testing done. I keep having too many reactions and they keep getting worse. Thank you for all of your help!

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »
I hope you can get it figured out so you can avoid more reactions! 
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.