FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Make up  (Read 6625 times)

Description: Well labeled

Offline spacecanada

Re: Make up
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 12:19:07 AM »
Shellac is also made from bugs and is used to make things glossy.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »
I picked up some make up. I feel like a preteen, lol

I decided to try Marcelle. I like how well they list everything on their website. So, I double checked the colours I wanted. Went to the store....and those colours just weren’t what jumped out at me. So..I bought different colours. They were on sale. Buying two, (1 eyeshadow and 1 blush) I got 3000 PC points too.

So, I have two different eyeshadow shades testing on my wrist. We’ll see how this goes.

I did check return policy. I’m willing to take the loss on the first one, but if I react I want to be able to return the unopened one. Sales rep said if I have a reaction bring back both with the receipt.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
I used Marcelle for dance way back when and had no issues.  I liked their clear ingredient labels too.  Good luck. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »
Both CVS and Walgreens have liberal return policies for make-up and lotions.  The latter came in handy when dealing with DS1's eczema and the pricier lotions though I only returned once or twice (more than a few lotions got passed to others who had luck with it). 

I'm the weirdo who reacts more often to expensive make-up than cheap.  But I have never been able to pinpoint what it is that bothers me.  I end up skipping make-up so often that when I do wear, I have to buy all new because it has been so long since I have worn it that I'm afraid to know what is growing in it.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »
SL since you haven’t worn mascara in so long, you might like this trick:

I buy clear mascara (I think it’s Great Lash) and a brown/black mascara (the same brand but not clear—the tube is pink with a green handle). I take the wand from the brown/black one and put it in the clear one once. Then I put the original wand for the clear one in. Little by little it all gets mixed in.

This works well for me, because it looks more natural. It emphasizes my eyes and gives my lashes more definition without looking like I am wearing mascara. I absolutely hate mascara and the way it looks on me. Itvalways smisges, too.

But this doctored clear (tinted) doesn’t smear or smudge.  If I cry, it doesn’t show. And it eventually wears off after 18 hours. I love this way of doing mascara.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
Just saw this now MC. Great idea. I used to have a way of applying and immediately removing some, but not all, of the mascara. I like a more natural look.

So, I did a few patch tests with the Marcelle eyeshadow and had no issues. Today I tried it on my eyelids. Put different colours on each to get the testing done quicker, lol. I also picked up some make-up remover from the same company. It’s oil free.

I don’t know how I’m going to pick anything for my lips. I always preferred lip gloss over lip stick.

~~~I hope I remember to remove this stuff before I head to the school.  :misspeak:

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
The first day I tried the eyeshadow on my eyes they were a bit itchy. I suspected the applicators were just to firm so I picked up some brushes to use. Now...no issues with wearing the eye shadow and I actually like the look more. Also, no problem with the blush.

I went today and picked up some lipstick. The woman working there suggested I go with something with a bit more pink than the original I was looking at. Then. I picked up nail polish.

I’m ready.

I may or may not get mascara.

Offline Megan Elizabeth

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »
Tarte is a good brand, they list their ingredients online and they use a vanilla scent in their eyeshadows. I use about any brand of mascara. I like Clinique, maybelline, tarte, Dior, etc.