FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Nature's Bakery Fig Bars  (Read 5374 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Nature's Bakery Fig Bars
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:50:57 PM »

This is the response I got from Nature's Bakery.  DS tried a bite of the raspberry one tonight and gave it a thumbs up.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Natures Bakery. To answer your question at this time the only allergen present within our manufacturing facilities is Wheat. Our fig bars & brownies are made on dedicated oven lines that do not manufacture any products that contain eggs, soy, sesame, milk, peanuts & tree-nuts. Allergens are controlled via-allergen separation (in storage areas), allergen labeling (all allergens are labeled-including individual units), color coding (utensils used to handle allergens are colored), employee awareness training of allergens (annually re-trained), proper ingredient handling procedures, and GMPs-Good Manufacturing Practices.  So we do all that we can to keep allergens away from all of our fig bar ingredients. These are the process and controls to help eliminate the possibility of cross contamination of allergens to our products.

Wheat one of the top 8 allergens is present in all products manufactured by Nature’s Bakery besides our Gluten Free Fig Bars. Our Gluten Free Fig Bars are certified Gluten Free, Kosher and Vegan, verified Non-GMO as well as dairy free, egg free and soy free.  To mitigate cross contamination, this is controlled through scheduling, Gluten Free is ran prior to Whole Wheat.  Through scheduling Gluten Free is ran on fully cleaned, sanitized, and validated equipment. Our finished products are tested through a method called ELISA, this verifies that there has been no product contamination.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Heather Garbarini
Nature's Bakery
9460 Double R Blvd. Suite 200
Reno, NV 89521
----------------------------------------------------
P: 775.883.2253 ext 809
Email: hgarbarini@naturesbakery.com
----------------------------------------------------

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Nature's Bakery Fig Bars
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »
 :thumbsup:

We are able to find these at our local Costco, btw. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline nameless

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
...these were recently my breakfast each day while traveling. So easy! So filling :)  Love the blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, apple, and regular old fig.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 05:16:49 AM »
I was at target yesterday and in the Halloween section, they had mini chocolate brownies snack bars by this company. 

Offline Jessica

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 04:05:11 AM »
I've seen the brownies at Kroger store as well. They're not bad.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:57 AM »
I'm going to go broke.  DS1 adores the GF fig bars!
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:08 PM »
Costco carries them-- they are MUCH cheaper that way, YKW.

DD and her BF like them, too, and they are 'go-to' portable substitute for trail mix or granola bars for them.  They've even used them for camping/hiking along with jerky as more or less complete 'food' for a few days at a time.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.