FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Dollywood  (Read 3009 times)

Description: Any experiences good or bad

Offline justme

Dollywood
« on: May 14, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »
We are thinking of taking a family vacation to the Smokies. I'm looking for any information on the area, including Dollywood itself.

Thanks friends!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Dollywood
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
DS has been there in school trips, but it was six years ago.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline tnmom

Re: Dollywood
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:45:11 PM »
Hey,

We live in Tennessee and we go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg every few years or so.  There’s a lot to do there. 

The last time we went to Dollywood was a few years ago.   We went as part of a corporate family outing with my husband’s firm.  They served a big buffet for everyone.  So I called and spoke to someone about my dd’s allergies ahead of time.  When we got to the private banquet hall, they rolled a cart with all the safe food prepared for my dd.  The head of the kitchen brought it out and explained the precautions and how it was cooked.  It was like she had her own buffet!  She definitely got the Disney-like experience there.  I believe she also gave us a list of what was safe for her at which restaurants in the park. 

I also remember once ordering my dd pizza at Splash Country.  They called the food manager in.  He got the pizza box, brought it out & let us read the ingredients.  He got a clean pan and made her pizza while we waited. 

However, I have taken my dd her own food into the parks a lot.  I know the website says not to, but I always do bring something in case we are not comfortable once we get inside.  They check bags before you come in, but not well.  I have a little collapsible cooler that I just keep in my purse with her food in it.  No one ever questions it.

The website gave a number for dealing with food allergies.  865-428-9428.   I’ve had good luck with them (although it’s been a while).  Also, I recently read an article about Dollywood’s food allergy practices here.  http://coaster-net.com/news/2277-fresh-start-gives-families-a-chance-to-make-memories-at-dollywood/

As far as Pigeon Forge goes, I don’t know what allergies you’re dealing with (dd is PNA/TNA/EA).  We ate at Cici’s Pizza, Moe’s Southwest Grille, and Cracker Barrel.  We have also eaten at the Wendy’s and the Outback in Sevierville before.  This last time (March of this year I took my mom) we stayed at a new hotel, Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, 2497 Teaster Lane.  It was a great location and also had a fridge/microwave/free breakfast.   

Good luck and have a good trip!