FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Peanut component testing  (Read 1318 times)

Description: Is this for real??

Offline IowaMom

Peanut component testing
« on: May 26, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »
I posted back in March this year regarding my DD and her confusing results.  Here is the thread for background info: 

Re: So confused...AGAIN

Some had recommended that when I get her blood testing done again, I should also ask for component testing; which I did this past week.  I got the results of her blood test and component testing today.  She is still scheduled for repeat testing in September d/t the skin test we did in March being "inconclusive".  At any rate, everything came back at 0 (negative).  Now, I know that sometimes the IGE can come back like that because of not being exposed which can lead to a false negative.  But, what about the component testing? Could it have been negative as well because of lack of exposure? or would something show up no matter what if she was still allergic??  I'm so scared to get my hopes up.  Thanks in advance.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Peanut component testing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
Wow, zero.  I think they only way to know for sure is a food challenge.  Excited and nervous for you...what does the allergist suggest?

Offline IowaMom

Re: Peanut component testing
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 01:50:43 PM »
Hezzier I'm assuming the allergist will want to do the skin test in September still to see what that shows. 2 yrs ago she had a 16mm wheal with neg rast. In March she didn't respond to PN but also had no response to the histamine control.  We can't get it done any sooner because she is on allergy meds until June when this weather settles down.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA