login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: GF Solutions (Bakery items)- pn, tn, soy and ss free plant  (Read 1784 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
So I had heard about this company on a sesame allergy FB forum, but since I rarely shop at Market Basket, I've never run into it.  So at Market Basket, there was a giant vanilla cupcake, a couple brownies, and an oatmeal choc chip cookie.  All wear packaged individually.  We have not tried them yet...I bought the cupcake and a brownie for the family to taste test.

Here's the best part...the label states "Manufactured in a facility free from tree nuts, peanuts, soy and sesame." 

I looked at their website and it seems like they might be more in the food service industry since they list what they are capable of  producing, not what they have available.  I'm wondering if Market Basket contracts them to make treats to sell in their stores since the plant is in Methuen, MA.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: GF Solutions (Bakery items)- pn, tn, soy and ss free plant
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
Did you like these?  I do have a couple of MB stores about 20 mins drive.  Sometimes we go to stock up on things, because the pricing is so much less than in town here. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: GF Solutions (Bakery items)- pn, tn, soy and ss free plant
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
I forgot to report back!  We all liked them and I would certainly buy them again if I needed a quick treat for DS.  But I wouldn't drive 20 mins if that was the only thing that I needed from Market Basket. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:56:50 PM by hezzier »