login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Burton's Grill-located in multiple states  (Read 3841 times)

Description:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Burton's Grill-located in multiple states
« on: June 19, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
I couldn't find a thread on Burton's Grill, if there is one, we can merge this with it.

So we have eaten at multiple locations...Nashua, NH; Peabody, MA and today in Burlington, MA.  They always ask about allergies when the server comes to the table.  So DS always has a cheese burger without a bun and fries.  The allergy meal is always on a square plate vs. a round one.  The manager always delivers it to the table and confirms the allergy.  Today was the first time they made a mistake with DS' order...the burger was on a bun so they had to redo his order.  DD ate her meal right away, I ordered a salad so I waited for DS' new meal to come.  They were very apologetic and offered to bring DS fruit or a salad while he waited, we said no thanks.  The manager did comp his meal.  This will not deter use from eating there again.

http://burtonsgrill.com/

Offline MaryM

Re: Burton's Grill-located in multiple states
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
We LOVE Burton's Grill.  Glad you caught it & all was ok. Badge been to the NH one and the SC one.  Looking forward to trying the VA one!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:55 AM »
We went to a different location...North Andover, MA.  Server asked if there were any allergies right away as usual, but this server let us know immediately that all the bread products would be unsafe due to cross contamination with tree nuts.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
This is good to know. I'm actually going to post asking for allergy-friendly places to eat in the Boston area. DS is moving in about 2 weeks.  :misspeak:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline krasota

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »
We have one in my VA town.  I haven't been.  I just have so many allergies that I hesitate to even try.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

allerav

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
We have eaten at the Burton's in Charlottesville and the new one in Sterling. They are very allergy aware. I have a very tight comfort zone and we let my son with PN, TN, EA, SFA, SA eat here. Everything is cooked to order.

Offline krasota

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
The big eight don't worry me as much (well, they do), but I also have weird ones.  Carrot, tomato, pork . . .  in addition to the soy and gluten issues.  Once you throw in less common allergies, I find there is less support and more eye rolling and I'd rather just not risk it, y'know?  I might try one of these days.  Or at least take the kids out.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.