login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in the Boston Area  (Read 16300 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in the Boston Area
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:40 PM »
DS said he’s going to Half Baked in Beverly tomorrow. I’ll pass his review along afterwards.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »
Well, DS gives Half Baked two thumbs up. If he had more thumbs, he’d give them those as well. He raved about their quality and variety.

He really loved the novel doughnut flavors. Now I have to say I’d probably find them way too sweet, but he and his GF enjoyed themselves.  :)
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/ziggy-and-sons-donuts-peabody?select=kHJVw2RzAJMk4VQd35Q3vg

Ziggy's Donuts in Salem, MA  and Peabody, MA...have not checked it out personally

Finally made the trek to Ziggy's Donuts in Peabody...they were delicious!  All the pastries/donuts/cakes are made from scratch, bakery is peanut and tree nut free.  That being said it did look like they either had hazelnut coffee or a hazelnut creamer.  So if ever near the North Shore Mall in Peabody, it's only about 2 miles from there.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 07:27:52 AM »
Well, DS gives Half Baked two thumbs up. If he had more thumbs, he’d give them those as well. He raved about their quality and variety.

He really loved the novel doughnut flavors. Now I have to say I’d probably find them way too sweet, but he and his GF enjoyed themselves.  :)

We are going to be close enough to try it this weekend without making a specific trip...yeah!  Will report back.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »
Looking forward to your review.  :)
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
Half Baked is worth the drive.  It's a cute, tiny place with maybe seats for 16.  I had a turkey, bacon ranch wrap that was good.  DS got the pulled pork tacos which he thought were delicious.  We brought home 2 giant monkey buns (think monkey bread in a XL muffin cup) and an assortment of donuts...salted toffee, coffee cookie crumble, and blueberry pancake.  We took a couple to my sister's house so we tried the salted toffee and blueberry pancake (this one was my favorite).  I bought their homemade granola which is delicious.  We are planning to go back tomorrow.  DS is hoping they have their roast beef sandwiches on special tomorrow.

DS declared the monkey bun the best pastry he's ever had!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:38:26 PM by hezzier »

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
That’s great, Hezz!  So glad to hear it. 
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 01:12:30 PM »
Went back today...DS had the burger from the specials and I had a breakfast burrito...delicious again.  Brought home more donuts to taste!  Good thing we don't live any closer.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »
My Free Wok on FB posted this...coming soon, a nut free bakery/cafe to include nut free ice cream

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2019/02/26/monumental-market-jp/?fbclid=IwAR2odbkdpE9mc7iW_Zbv3sYWAld9YWKEqll0VYSmZpto_rudQEFU_Lwk334

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2019, 08:25:24 PM »
Tipping Ciw is phenomenal!  This is awesome.  :happydance:
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
Tipping Ciw is phenomenal!  This is awesome.  :happydance:

We have not made the drive yet to Tipping Cow, but based on not being able to find A La Mode near us anymore maybe we will.