FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Looking for an allergy friendly resort somewhere warm - Need a vacation!!  (Read 2597 times)

Description:

Offline MamaZu

We are looking to take a family vacation after Christmas somewhere warm.  We have never travelled outside of the US w DS due to allergy concerns.  Im open to the idea but still nervous.  Would love to find a place in FL or an English speaking island in the Carribbean.   DS is PA/TNA only.   Anyone have experiences good or bad to share?   
Our family has had a totally craptastic year (DS diag w heart condition then then 6 mo later i was diag w breast cancer) no vacation since I've been in chemo treatment since May.   Want to have a wonderful but relaxing holiday with my family this year doing something really special. 
Also open to other ideas that aren't necessarily island…but DH def doesn't want to go anywhere cold (i suggested skiing but he vetoed).
Thanks for any help!

Offline spacecanada

I have heard the Sandals resort and Beaches resort in Jamaica are very good for allergies.  Look up Pixie Lizzie on Facebook - she is a travel agent specializing in food allergies and recently went there.  (I also highly recommend her as a travel agent - she knows her stuff.)

Otherwise, a Disney cruise is another option.  They have always been fantastic with my food allergies.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

I have no suggestions, just  :grouphug:   

I hope can put this awful year in your rear view mirror.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

Disney's Vero Beach resort in Florida is also beautiful, relaxing, warm, and super awesome with allergies.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline candyguru

We went to Marriott Harbour Lake resort in Orlando FL last year and loved it. 

1) 3 kid friendly outdoor heated pools with zero entry (including a pirate ship pool!) so it's great for young kids!
2) awesome splash pad
3) mini golf course
4) arcade
5) lots of activities such as reptile shows, etc

The suites all have full kitchens with stove, oven, full size fridge, washer & dryer, etc. so you don't need to worry about allergies - just pick up food from the nearby Whole Foods, Walmart, etc and cook your own food. And they are not expensive.. MUCH CHEAPER than the Disney hotels.

An it is a quick drive to Seaworld, Disney World, Outlet Malls, and all the Orlando attractions.

Here is the web site: http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-harbour-lake/overview.shtml

And here are the tripadvisor reviews.. ranked 13 out of 338 hotels in Orlando:  https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g34515-d223717-Reviews-Marriott_s_Harbour_Lake-Orlando_Florida.html

We plan to visit again one day.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)