login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 131983 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
That looks yummy Stinky.  I'd skip the sprouts as well.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #436 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:00 AM »
I am going to LOVE this thing come summer.

I’m making potato salad.

Peel and cut potatoes. Put in pot with one cup water, place eggs on top.

5 min on high pressure, quick release.

Eggs are sitting it water cooking right now, so hopefully they are firm enough. Potatoes are perfect.

I do not have a steamer rack. I just used the trivet the IP came with. Some potato fell through, but seems fine.

No steamed up kitchen. No pouring of boiling water if you have an actual steamer...which I plan to get.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
Hey SL - you can crack your eggs, put them raw in a safe dish and put that on top of yer taters

then you have an "egg loaf" that you just chop up - no peeling - even though it's usually really easy with the IP.
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
I made pho again
yum :)

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2018, 09:17:21 PM »
Made spaghetti squash tonight, which I then tossed with sautéed tomatoes and mushrooms, and sprinkled with some parmiagano reggiano.  Delish, and the squash came out perfect. Sometimes when I oven roast it is comes out a bit undercooked. 
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2018, 10:11:05 PM »
Hey SL - you can crack your eggs, put them raw in a safe dish and put that on top of yer taters

then you have an "egg loaf" that you just chop up - no peeling - even though it's usually really easy with the IP.

I considered trying that. Happy with how it turned out so will probably stick with this way.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2018, 07:17:22 AM »
I made stir fry beef and broccoli and it was really good and I wouldn't normally make it because the beef always comes out tough. So a win for the instant pot. The only thing I'd do differently is add the broccoli and then add the cornstarch to thicken. I got it thickened, but then it got watery after adding the broccoli. I used low sodium soy sauce and it actually could have used a bit of salt. I used "stir fry" beef from the store, so it was already cut up. Easy-peasy. Used my rice cooker to make rice and microwaved frozen broccoli. So not one-pot, but the beef came out perfect.

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/02/01/better-than-take-out-beef-broccoli/

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2018, 11:23:51 AM »
Now I want beef and broccoli...but that one has too much sugar for my nutrition plan.  Might have to try this one...

https://confessionsofafitfoodie.com/2018/01/instant-pot-beef-broccoli-21-day-fix/

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
Had some chili lime chicken I’d made, with some peach salsa as well on the making of it.  I decided I wanted hot food, so used it to whip up a chicken chili.  I’ve used a diced onion, 2 large garlic cloves, drained petite diced tomatoes, no salt added, a can of white beans, about 2t tsp ancho chili powder, some cumin, ground oregano, Goya seasoning, 1/2 cup uncooked white rice, and 2 cans water(14 oz can from the tomatoes).

I decided to do manual for 3 minutes, and NPR, so the rice cooks as it releases naturally.  All of these ingredients are 0 points on the new WW Freestyle, except for the rice and a dab of EVOO I used.  1/2 c cooked rice is 3 points.  I’ll have to see how many servings this yields, but probably about 2 points for a serving.  I might add some sweet corn, and spinach, also zero points. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
That sounds terrific!
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
It’s yummy!  I had cilantro, and we put some on top.  I did add some frozen corn and chopped spinach, doing a high pressure for 0.  There was a bit of sticking after that, but not scorched.  I’d just add those with everything else next time, unless I had fresh spinach.  Dh just had a second bowl.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:37 PM »
Yum

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm gonna make cabbage soup in my pot today  :)  you know the old weigh watchers recipe - sort of - I think that calls for V8 and I don't have that

I made fruit water today
1 cup pinapple 1 cup mango - 8 cups water - 5 mins - QR
you can add ginger or herbs and use any combo - good stuff

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
Fruit water - what a great idea.  I’m thinking cranberries, lime and ginger. 
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2018, 04:54:00 PM »
I made fruit water today
1 cup pinapple 1 cup mango - 8 cups water - 5 mins - QR
you can add ginger or herbs and use any combo - good stuff

Do you then add ice?