FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Egg contact  (Read 2198 times)

Description: localized only

Offline krasota

Egg contact
« on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:14 PM »
*sigh*  My big kid reacted this week.  It wasn't a significant reaction.  In fact, it's not even *that* worrisome clinically.  A friend was eating fried food--likely batter-fried and probably containing egg--and touched him.  He instantly broke out in hives.  They stayed localized to the handprint. And they went away after topical and oral benadryl (and washing, of course).  He was fine, of course.  It's just so darn demoralizing, you know?  He tolerates baked egg just fine--and touches baked goods to eat them.  But this?  We have upcoming food challenges scheduled and this could change the timeline.  Boom.  I'll have to call the restaurant to see if they do anything funky in their fryer, like fry mangoes and cashews, which I'm positive they don't as it's a bbq joint.  And the dipping sauce was honey mustard, so there's a possibility that there was something in there, I suppose.  I need to isolate the reaction, but I'm betting on the egg.   :( :'(
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Egg contact
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »
Yikes Krasota. I'm sorry. I would hope that with baked egg this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Is he able to eat all baked egg, or are you dosing with it? 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline krasota

Re: Egg contact
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
He can eat well baked goods which contain egg without limit.  That means cakes, eggs, muffins, cupcakes, etc, not quiche or meringue, of course.   No dosing has been required.  :/
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.