FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cup4Cup Gluten free flour  (Read 2147 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Cup4Cup Gluten free flour
« on: October 13, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »
http://www.cup4cup.com/faq/

So my nephew's friend will be coming for Thanksgiving and she is gluten free so I was thinking that I would need to adapt our apple crisp recipe.  Anyone used it before?  Works fine in recipes?

Here's the allergy statement from the FAQs:
Do your products contain tree nuts, peanuts and/or soy?

No. Our products and facility are devoid of any contact with tree nuts, peanuts and soy.

Offline krasota

Re: Cup4Cup Gluten free flour
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:34:20 AM »
I haven't used it in baking.  I find that in some things (swiss steak), Domata works better.  It'll probably be fine for baking, though.

Most apple crisps have an oat topping.  You'll need to find out if the friend tolerates oats at all.  If so, they'll need to be certified/dedicated GF oats.  (I don't tolerate oats.)
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »
Good thing I posted...it would not have occurred to me to check to see if she can tolerate oats (although I did know enough that I would need to order some that are GF)...and my sister thinks I'm crazy when I start thinking about this so far in advance, but so glad I did.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 07:51:11 AM »
I use this all the time for my friends and I bake every other week for them!  It has become my go to gluten free flour and it is the easiest to adapt.  Less experimenting with how much and how quick the liquid takes to absorb.  It also already has xanthum gum in it so you do not need to add any.

I use the one in the blue bag.  The green bag says right on it recipes need adjustment (its more a whole grain version and will absorb liquid differently)

I also still rest my dough before baking....regardless of what I bake or what flour I use.  For gluten free baking it seems to help baked goods not get the sandy texture if you rest your batter, dough, or whatever covered for 30 minutes before baking....again...think this has to do with the absorption issue.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 08:27:11 AM »
Good to know