FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: ADULTERATED BROCCOLI  (Read 2292 times)

Description:

Offline RBZ

• New
ADULTERATED BROCCOLI
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »
I have a 24 ounce bag of frozen New World Farms "Hand-Harvested & Hand-Cut Broccoli Florets" which I just heated in the micro-wave.  Two things:  1-The instructions say to add water to cook; and 2-the "Ingredients" are listed as "Broccoli."  First, unlike Pictsweet brand frozen broccoli, you don't have to add water to heat this brand in the micro-wave.  In fact, it's necessary to drain quite a bit of water off the vegetable before you can put it on the plate.  This is not the case with other brands of frozen broccoli.  In my judgment, New World Farms has followed the practice of the seafood and meat industries and are adding water to their products to increase the weight.  As to the "Ingredients" if New World Farms is adding water to the product, shouldn't that be listed in the ingredients?   

Mr. Barlow

Re: ADULTERATED BROCCOLI
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:17:21 PM »
Are you saying they're adding dihydrogen monoxide?!?

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
You do realize this is a forum for food allergies, right?  I'm not sure whether a particular brand of broccoli adds water is in any way relevant to the discussion of food allergies on this forum.
TX USA

Offline eragon

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:51:04 AM »
well, dont buy that brand again. fresh greens all the way!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
I kind of love this thread.  :heart:  It lets me know anti-DHMO petitions can still get signatures.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
Are you saying they're adding dihydrogen monoxide?!?

;D ;D ;D

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Neither should adulterous broccoli go unchallenged.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »
:rofl:
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts