FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Seeking participants: study of college-age students w/food-intolerance/allergies  (Read 2979 times)

Description: Grad student needs thesis study participants

Offline Blank

Hi there!

I'm a graduate student working on my master's thesis and am hoping that a few of you might be willing to answer a survey of questions for me. My interest stems from having celiac disease and my research is about the social isolation many of us feel with regard to our food-related intolerance/sensitivities and/or allergies - especially in school situations.

I'm brand new to this forum, though I have been reading the threads on here for a while. I'm not sure if you can email me directly through this forum (if you can't, I'm certain one of you will be able to help me figure things out)   :)

If you're willing to participate in my research, I will need you to fill out a survey of under 20 questions and submit an electronically-signed consent form. Participants must be over the age of 18.

All participants will be anonymous. Your name will never be used.

I have been isolated from my peers during school-related functions due to my dietary restrictions (as have many students with allergies and food intolerance) and the goal of my research is to find better solutions within schools to help students with food intolerance/sensitivities/allergies feel as though they don't have to be removed from their peers. I believe there are people out there who have really good suggestions about this, and I would love to hear them.

Please contact me if you would like to participate in my research. I will be very grateful and will be happy to send you a copy of my thesis and the results of the study when it is completed.

Thank you for your time,

Grad Student H. P.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:50:34 PM by Allergy Thesis »