CVS selling Adrenaclick epinephrine autoinjectors at $110/twinpack

Started by CMdeux, January 12, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

http://arstechnica.com/science/2017/01/cvs-just-announced-a-super-cheap-generic-alternative-to-epipen/

This is GREAT news-- and even better is that if you qualify, you may be able to get a twinpack for under ten dollars.

Yes.  Really.   :heart:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

CMdeux

This is the ten-dollar coupon--

Looks to me like pretty much anyone can use it, too-- up to THREE twinpacks.

https://sservices.trialcard.com/Coupon/Epinephrine

At ten dollars each.

:happydance:

I'm SO happy that many more families will not have to go without other necessities or choose to risk being without epinephrine.  SO happy. 

Western U.S.

BensMom

Adrenaclick generic has always been on the market--well not always, but you know what I mean. I got a trainer to show ds to see if it would be an acceptable alternative. So I don't get what's different now.  ???

spacecanada

I was wondering the same thing, BensMom. ???

Still, a great option for those that need it.  The Adrenaclick ones remind me of the old EpiPens. I am not a fan of the two caps, but it is a thousand times better than a syringe and phial.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

CMdeux

Western U.S.

BensMom

FWIW, DS didn't really like that the click sound wasn't very loud. When he needs refills, we'll discuss what to get, but that was the comment he had.

YouKnowWho

CIGNA will no longer cover Epi so I guess I will be looking at this.  (And I swore I would never use CVS after they promised to refill an emergency inhaler before closing and then shut the window, when I said what about the inhaler they said they would get it tomorrow).

Really hoping Auvi is finacially doable for the boys though. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

nameless

Quote from: YouKnowWho on January 13, 2017, 03:48:09 PM
CIGNA will no longer cover Epi so I guess I will be looking at this.  (And I swore I would never use CVS after they promised to refill an emergency inhaler before closing and then shut the window, when I said what about the inhaler they said they would get it tomorrow).

Really hoping Auvi is finacially doable for the boys though.

If you have Cigna and your Rx is for Epipen, they fill it at the generic co-pay with the new Mylan generic epipen-two pack.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview