FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

Denial

(1/3) > >>

spacecanada:
This article brought tears to my eyes.  It happens to me way too often.  Scary.
https://adultswithallergies.com/2017/01/30/denial-a-thought-process-during-an-allergic-reaction/

gvmom:
Thank you for posting that.

I actually think that it was very helpful ..... it illustrates a different sort of progression of a reaction, that I think would make it easier for one to sort of believe that they weren't having anaphylaxis.

Many times, we are given a sort of standard list to watch out for, what supposedly happens first, then what next, and timelines that lead you to believe everything is always very cut & dried, clear and easy to see what you need to do immediately.

Having more accounts of the reactions that people have, how they managed them, and if there is a way to learn from the experience for them and for those that read about them, is important.... at least to me and for passing the information & stories on to my FA kids. 

Macabre:
Yep. For myself and my child. It's horrible to have that self doubt.

GoingNuts:
Yep, I've experienced that denial myself.  Thanks for sharing that.  :yes:

PurpleCat:
That "locking eyes" with his brother is what happens with DD and I when she is experiencing a reaction.  But I don't let her explain it away once more than one system is involved.  I worry what will happen when Mom is not there and I hope we never find out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version