FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Adults with Food Allergies

Help, new diet restrictions (on top of allergies)

(1/3) > >>

Sunshine_burn:
I feel like my body is so broken!! Currently in the middle of blood workup from general practice dr for low blood sugar episodes. She has said i need to be on a low carb, no added sugar, high protein diet....I am at a loss, i was already struggling with what to eat with my allergies. now i am just at a standstill.

Sorry to be such a downer today. Any advice on good snack foods? since i am supposed to be eating this new diet 6 times a day and i am getting really sick of chicken lol. current snacks have been pork jerky, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, dried fruit (mangoes and cranberries), low cal popcorn, celery or broccoli with hummus.

Allergies: apples, cantaloupe, cashews, string beans, beef, coffee mix, carrots, egg whites, egg yolk, shrimp

thanks all for listening and any advice in advance!

GoingNuts:
How about cheese sticks or cubes?  Almonds (safe from Xcontam), peanut butter?

Sunshine_burn:
Thanks for the response! I will try the cheese, hadn't thought of that.

Janelle205:
I had to eat low carb for a while when I was pregnant and mistakenly diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  Things that I liked for snacks:

Cottage cheese with sunflower seeds mixed in
Rolled up deli meat - plain, rolled around a cheese stick, rolled around asparagus
Low carb tortilla with PB or made into a quesadilla
Yogurt
Frozen greek yogurt bars
One of the smaller boxes of frozen broccoli or cauliflower with cheese sauce
Green Beans with parmesan cheese, garlic, and black pepper

Sunshine_burn:
Thank you for the suggestions! I am going to try some of those. It's just been so hard thinking up things to eat when I have to eat 5-6 times a day without getting bored with what I can eat! So my brain kinda shut down to, " you eat nothing" lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version