login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Do steroids prevent biphasic reactions Study.  (Read 2237 times)

Description: <no they dont !>

Offline eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline spacecanada

Re: Do steroids prevent biphasic reactions Study.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
Interesting article.  At my last allergic reaction-based hospital visit the doctor said something similar.  I've only ever been prescribed steroids after a reaction when in America, mind you.  I've heard of them being prescribed here post-reaction but I think it's less common.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline eragon

Re: Do steroids prevent biphasic reactions Study.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
my son and daughter have been prescribed them after a reaction quite a few times, its the norm after being discharged from hospital with anaphylaxis  in UK from our experience. It is the replacement auto injector prescription that we sometimes needed to remind them before we leave. Sadly hospital pharmacies do not stock auto injectors so, first thing after leaving after anaphylaxis we need to find  24 hour pharmacy with the hope that they have some in stock!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.