FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

Mylan racketeering.....

(1/4) > >>

gvmom:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/03/mylan-hit-with-racketeering-suit-over-big-price-hikes-of-epipen.html

Wondering how this will affect Mylan, the recall, the price point, and also Auvi-q given their pricing scheme.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Barlow:
Read the complaint here.

EpiPen Purchasers Accuse Drug Maker Mylan of Fraud, RICO Enterprise in National Class-Action Lawsuit over EpiPen Pricing

My thoughts now are I want to know what discovery comes out of this.  They'll have to prove intent and enterprise at civil burden, assuming the class action is able to move forward.  One can hope some sort of indication of abuse of office comes to light AND just how many were involved to allow this to happen.   A whistleblower or two would be nice. 

Mr. Barlow:
Oh, and the chorus of ecstatic Mylan-sponsored bloggers, summits, docs, nonprofits, brand ambassadors who failed to maintain adequate ethics.  Not going to forget you.  :crossed:

The ones who were brave enough to question the status quo, however, lots of love for you all.  :heart:.

gvmom:
My thoughts now are I want to know what discovery comes out of this

Given the insurance companies named in conjunction, I want to know more about how this will affect possible coverage, and how about supply?  Not to mention, really, given the charges, what is going to happen with Kaleo.  They've gotten bad press not just over auvi-q but also evzio.   

Right now, there is supply for filling prescriptions.  There is also new coverage policies because of pricing. 

As this goes along, making it's way through the court, thinking a few months down the road, will Mylan change it's pricing?  Will insurance companies change their tune?  What will kaleo do?  Will they end up being sued?  And, if CVS is part of anything, what happens with their auto-injector?

All of these companies playing their games to make money, but, if they end up toast, what happens to people who need the auto-injectors? 

modified to correct my wording 

my3guys:
Yep that's my question too gvmom. Depending on where this case goes how easily will we still be able to get autoinjectors?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version