FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Nestle Canada  (Read 2605 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Nestle Canada
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
Found a box of After Eights hidden away since Christmas. DH noticed a "may contain peanuts or treenuts" warning.

These used to be safe. I ate some at Christmas. I assume they also had the warning and nine of us noticed.  :o

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Nestle Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »
 :thud:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »
none. not nine.

Offline candyguru

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
none. not nine.

Hi Silver Lining,

I haven't been able to eat After Eights for a while, as the peanut alert appeared on them in December 2015 (so I have missed out for two Christmas seasons in a row) They were formerly manufactured in a nut free facility in England by Nestle UK and imported here by Nestle Canada. I assume Nestle UK has changed the facility which is why they have added the warning as I have no idea where they are being manufactured now :(

So I eat Aero Mint instead... it is also made by Nestle UK and imported to Canada, but in a different facility that is nut-free.

Edited to add: I found a link - looks like it was in October 2015 they changed the facility from nut-free and added the warning http://www.nutmums.com/happy-nut-free-christmas-the-2015-edit/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:56:51 PM by candyguru »
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »
That actually makes sense. We only buy them at Christmas. But 2015 we bought something different, so this would be the first time I bought them since.

Guess I'm lucky that box I ate was one of the "may not".

Offline candyguru

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »
That actually makes sense. We only buy them at Christmas. But 2015 we bought something different, so this would be the first time I bought them since.

Guess I'm lucky that box I ate was one of the "may not".

yes... we only bought them at Christmas too.. but not anymore thanks to their labelling change  :disappointed:

yes, glad you are fine! 
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)