FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Peanut/Tree Nut Allergy

Cashew Challenge

(1/7) > >>

PurpleCat:
Second dose just went down.  So far so good.  Can't tell if DD likes them.  When she did walnut, she liked the taste immediately.  This one she just makes a face.  Of course the dose is so small, there probably is not much taste and it's ground up so there is the texture issue too.

rebekahc:
 :luck:

PurpleCat:
Flying through this challenge.  Up to 2 tsp.  Next dose is a small cup of whole pieces - I think meant to be a tablespoon and a half.  No changes in vitals.  DD says they are too sweet.  She does not really like them but is getting them down OK.

I am thinking this will be a pass.  Two "snack" doses are left, here come our nurses.

Meanwhile I have been googling and will ask if we should try pistachios and mangos at home since they are in the same family.  We did this with pecan after she passed the walnut challenge in February.

gvmom:
Cashews sound good!

It is interesting that your DD says they taste sweet.  Hopefully she manages to make it through the larger doses without being too put off by the flavor.  I think it would be really hard to try and finish a food challenge if you just couldn't tolerate the flavor.

Hope the challenge finishes with a pass!

spacecanada:
Keeping my fingers crossed for your DD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version