login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ice Cream (Any that isn't contaminated by tree nuts?)  (Read 9618 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Ice Cream (Any that isn't contaminated by tree nuts?)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
So I was reading Spokin's latest allergy post about ice cream and came across this tidbit of info about Hoodsie Cups and Ice Cream Sandwiches.  I know this might not work for everyone but thought it was worth sharing.

**Hood is pleased to produce Hoodsie® Cups and Hood Ice Cream Sandwiches on a dedicated nut-free line. Please note that these lines are within our manufacturing facility and are not produced in separate room.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »
In Canada, we have Chapman’s (select items) an Screamin Brothers that are made in PN/TN-free facilities.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline bleh

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:43:50 PM »
I've been buying IttiBitz which are basically knock off dippin dots. A La Mode is no longer carried in my area and I am hesitant to pay $50 for 4 pints shipped to my house.

https://kemps.com/faq/

We have an allergen control program in our ice cream plant. However, we do NOT have a dedicated line for nut containing products. We recommend that you consult with your doctor regarding the risk.

At our ice cream manufacturing facility, we do not use any tree nuts or peanuts on the equipment that produces IttiBitz flavors. In fact, IttiBitz flavors are manufactured in a separate room at our Rochester location that does not handle any tree nuts or peanuts.

If additional information is required, please contact Kemps Consumer Relations toll free at 1-800-726-6455Call: 1-800-726-6455.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 09:46:41 PM »
Never seen them, will have to look

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
Thanks! I see it’s available at Walmart.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline bleh

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 07:31:38 PM »
They carry them at Walmart and Meijer. You can use the walmart app and the meijer website to check if your nearby stores carry the product.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »
Bought some birthday cake flavored Itti Bitz at HyVee and I'm very nervous to try them.. lol even with them stating their policy.

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »
I also eat a TON of Jonny Pops!  They're Peanut free, and tree nut I think except for coconut oil.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 07:34:46 AM »
We use turkey hill chocolate or vanilla.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »
 :rant: As of April 2019, Screamin Brothers in Canada was bought by Foothills Creamery and is now made in a shared facility with MILK and TREE NUTS.  (Plus cleaning procedures, bah blah blah...)  This was the ONLY safe frozen treat we could buy in stores, as they were founded specifically for people with allergies.  This makes me extremely upset.   🤬

I guess my husband gets to eat the new tub we just bought.    :'(

Check the labels EVERY TIME.  This wasn't listed specifically on the label, but I noticed the new logo on the back and wouldn't eat it until i confirmed with the new manufacturer.  Good thing I did.   :rant:

I sent an email back requesting the company declare this new allergen information on the label.  They said updated labelling is in production and they are hoping to have an allergen-free line in the future.  I guess that's some light for the future.  But still. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 09:44:49 AM »
Oh, space, that really sucks. I’m sorry. Great reminder.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »
I also eat a TON of Jonny Pops!  They're Peanut free, and tree nut I think except for coconut oil.

We do, too! They are made nearish me. I’m glad they are branching out (if you don’t live in Minnesota).

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »

We do, too! They are made nearish me. I’m glad they are branching out (if you don’t live in Minnesota).

I'm in Iowa!  I had to send a letter to my store to have them carry them. LOL!  One box of 3 pop is $5.99... I buy like 6 at a time and 6 boxes lasts me like 4 days.  I'm sure they're definitely not healthy for me....eek.  The only kind I buy is the Vanilla and Mint Dark Chocolate (the green box).  Though I do want to try the Gingerbread kind!

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »
I saw Pumpkin Pie Spice and Gingerbread at Target today...did not buy them since neither flavor appeal to me, but I will ask the kids if they want any.