login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Starbucks?  (Read 4991 times)

Description:

Offline gvmom

Re: Starbucks?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 03:19:05 PM »
Almonds aren't a problem for DS

Are any other tree nuts a problem for him? 

Our DS1 passed his almond challenge, but he still has other TNA's. 

My concern would be the almond milk they use being a brand that isn't safe as far as other TNA's.  Or, they use one brand, that may be safe, but then switch out brands to something that isn't.  I think there are a lot of variables that come into play that I'm not sure how I feel about trusting someone at Starbuck's with.   
"...who knew that Black History Month was really about an Orange White guy" ~gvmom
"...but HILLARY!" is not ACTUALLY a legal defense in the real world.  ~gvmom
"Don't feed the trolls; nothing fuels them so much." ~Oscar Wilde
Trump=Idiot https://twitter.com/spikedcranium/status/966768001943875584

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
I'm not concerned with cross contamination of cross contamination......ie almond milk being cross contaminated with another nut.....and that almond milk contaminating a drink that I order and containing that cross contamination..... nope....not a concern.
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline gvmom

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
I'm not concerned with cross contamination of cross contamination......ie almond milk being cross contaminated with another nut.....and that almond milk contaminating a drink that I order and containing that cross contamination..... nope....not a concern.

I was thinking more of ordering something with almond milk.  When I read that almonds weren't a problem for your DS, I thought more along the lines of whether or not your DS would be drinking something with almond milk.... and then wondering about that for cross contamination. 

"...who knew that Black History Month was really about an Orange White guy" ~gvmom
"...but HILLARY!" is not ACTUALLY a legal defense in the real world.  ~gvmom
"Don't feed the trolls; nothing fuels them so much." ~Oscar Wilde
Trump=Idiot https://twitter.com/spikedcranium/status/966768001943875584

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
gotcha - we wouldn't order anything with almond milk (I'm not even sure what that actually is anyway- look into it)

Can a mod move this to appropriate sub forum when they get a chance......PLEASE?
Spanking cats for 40 years!