login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: High protein/low carb ideas  (Read 2401 times)

Description:

Online my3guys

High protein/low carb ideas
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:51:53 PM »
I do well with my weight, energy level, and decreasing my spare waist tire when I basically follow the South Beach Diet. Low Carbs, high protein. It's most likely related to my PCOS.

I'm really trying to stick to it again. But avoiding nuts makes this a bit difficult. I'd love any creative high protein ideas, quick and easy to prepare! I can use my new instapot too.

I've been looking...I don't think I want to buy the South Beach food, or Nutrisystem. I'm a bit of a picky eater, and I don't think I'd like alot of the meals. Ugh. SOAK whatcha got?

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: High protein/low carb ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:39:15 PM »
Have you looked for any paleo recipes?

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:29:33 AM »
Steak. And bacon.
USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:57:12 AM »
I use the IP for a whole chicken, and make broth with the bones, and then soup.  You can add pasta for some for the family, or rice, and serve yours on top of fresh baby spinach.  The spinach basically wilts and cooks from the heat of the broth.  I do this with many soups.  I have posted a sausage and kale soup here before, and variations(using cabbage).  I will try to find it later. 

Cottage cheese on a salad.  Meat or chicken on a salad.  I wish I could eat this stuff...I miss it!  Grilled and roasted veggies with a protein. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online my3guys

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
Thanks ladies! I know I asked a really broad question...I fell off the food wagon big time today. Sick kid at home will do that to you!