imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: KFC  (Read 7664 times)

Description:

Offline HJK

KFC
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
Anyone with PA TNA allergies have any recent experience eating at KFC?
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: KFC
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
DS and I have eaten there twice recently.  The ones we visited had nothing nutty on the menu (not sure about regional variances, though).  Their allergen menu says the chocolate chip cookies that came with our meals don't contain peanut or tree nuts, but we didn't eat them since we weren't sure about cross contamination.  I wasn't concerned about them being included in our boxes, so DH and DD got to enjoy them instead.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline HJK

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »
Thank you for sharing your experience...our menu looks to be similar, with nothing "nutty" appearing.

Looking forward to trying.

Thanks again!
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
Has anyone ate here recently with the new addition of chicken and waffles?

Offline bleh

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
I tried taking my daughter to KFC today. I talked to the employees before ordering and they that recommended my daughter not eat there as the flour and oil might be contaminated with peanuts or tree nuts...
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
I tried taking my daughter to KFC today. I talked to the employees before ordering and they that recommended my daughter not eat there as the flour and oil might be contaminated with peanuts or tree nuts...

I always get the mashed potatoes and mac n cheese at KFC.  This is what the website says:

Like most restaurants, we prepare and serve products that may contain egg, milk, soy, wheat or other allergens. While a particular ingredient may not contain one of these allergens, our products may be prepared on the same equipment and in the same kitchen area as those that do. We cannot guarantee that cross contact with allergens will not occur and neither KFC, our employees, or our franchisees assume any responsibility for a person’s sensitivity or allergy to any food item provided in our restaurants. The allergen information displayed on this site is based on standard product formulations and is current as of last update to this site. Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and/or product production at the restaurant.
In some restaurants, fish, chicken, and potatoes may be prepared in the same oil. Please ask the manager about this practice if you have and allergy to fish or milk. Several menu items contain or have been prepared in fully refined soy oil, which according to the FDA is not an allergen. Also according to the Food Allergy Research & Education organization, studies show that most soy-allergic individuals may safely eat most types of soybean oil. If you have any concerns pertaining to consumption of soybean oil, please consult with your doctor.

Peanuts and tree nuts are not used at KFC. However, peanuts are present in the Reese’s® Peanut Butter Pie Slice and the Café Valley Bakery® Chocolate Chip Cake and Lemon Cake may contain traces of tree nuts.

Offline bleh

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »

I always get the mashed potatoes and mac n cheese at KFC.  This is what the website says:

Like most restaurants, we prepare and serve products that may contain egg, milk, soy, wheat or other allergens. While a particular ingredient may not contain one of these allergens, our products may be prepared on the same equipment and in the same kitchen area as those that do. We cannot guarantee that cross contact with allergens will not occur and neither KFC, our employees, or our franchisees assume any responsibility for a person’s sensitivity or allergy to any food item provided in our restaurants. The allergen information displayed on this site is based on standard product formulations and is current as of last update to this site. Variations may occur due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and/or product production at the restaurant.
In some restaurants, fish, chicken, and potatoes may be prepared in the same oil. Please ask the manager about this practice if you have and allergy to fish or milk. Several menu items contain or have been prepared in fully refined soy oil, which according to the FDA is not an allergen. Also according to the Food Allergy Research & Education organization, studies show that most soy-allergic individuals may safely eat most types of soybean oil. If you have any concerns pertaining to consumption of soybean oil, please consult with your doctor.

Peanuts and tree nuts are not used at KFC. However, peanuts are present in the Reese’s® Peanut Butter Pie Slice and the Café Valley Bakery® Chocolate Chip Cake and Lemon Cake may contain traces of tree nuts.

Yeah, I checked the website before going but there is no way we would eat there after the employees basically said everything is contaminated.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »
That's scary, I wouldn't think anything would be contaminated there since there's no blatant peanuts, just the pre packaged stuff.  It's my favorite place to eat :(

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 04:58:43 PM »
My son has eaten so many chicken legs and mashed potatoes without incident. He is allergic to peanuts, few tree nuts, sesame and sunflower seeds. Did allergen information change?

Just checked. The interactive allergen menu looks ok to me. Sounds like the employees didn’t know what they were talking about!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:03:08 PM by joshsmom »

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 07:30:23 AM »
My son has eaten so many chicken legs and mashed potatoes without incident. He is allergic to peanuts, few tree nuts, sesame and sunflower seeds. Did allergen information change?

Just checked. The interactive allergen menu looks ok to me. Sounds like the employees didn’t know what they were talking about!

That's what I was thinking.  Everything they have with nuts is prepackaged.