FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Schools and Food Allergies

FARE Webinar: Exclude the Food, Not the Child

(1/2) > >>

name:
Exclude the Food, Not the Child

Wed, Sep 27, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT

Gina Clowes, FARE’s National Director of Training and Outreach, will share best practices for managing food in school and at extra-curricular activities. Consider when and how to disclose your child’s food allergies. Learn why the “safe snack box” is often not the best choice for inclusion or safety. From classroom to cafeteria to off-campus venues, explore child-friendly accommodations for daily  meals and snacks, celebrations and special events. You can even submit questions in advance to education(at)foodallergy.org.

register(dot)gotowebinar(dot)com/register/6933810981077591041

Interesting title.  Would appreciate a post-webinar briefing for any who attend.

ajasfolks2:
I've been using that particular exact phrase for at least 10 years . . . . since this thread linked below . . . .

I don't normally link to this version of "original" place, but thought this page might bring back some memories for some.

And, FWIW, 3 guesses who DonnaReed is.

Just sayin'.

http://www.peanutallergy.com/boards/i-am-not-sending-in-safe-treats?page=7

With EXTRA  :heart: :heart: :heart: for gvmom,

~e

:smooch:

GoingNuts:
Wow, seeing those user names brought back lots of memories.  I'm so glad many of us are still here, but I miss the ones who aren't.  I wonder how Lilpig is doing?

name:
@ajas 
re: precise phrase 
That did not escape my notice.

The premise also demonstrates the unaddressed conflict between legal advocacy webinars and medical advocacy webinars sponsored through allergy not-for-profits.  What will be done about allergists, who, unaware of their own ignorance, run afoul of Child Find?  This is a well-settled affirmative duty. 

ajasfolks2:

--- Quote from: name on September 25, 2017, 09:40:09 AM ---@ajas 
re: precise phrase 
That did not escape my notice.
--- End quote ---

I figured as much.  ;-)

--- Quote ---
The premise also demonstrates the unaddressed conflict between legal advocacy webinars and medical advocacy webinars sponsored through allergy not-for-profits.  What will be done about allergists, who, unaware of their own ignorance, run afoul of Child Find?  This is a well-settled affirmative duty.

--- End quote ---

Nothing will be done.  Ever.  No meaningful training for them.  Cannot tell them anything anyway.  They must already know everything since they are MD's, right?  (<sarcasm>

<shakes head in disgust>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version