login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Amy's Kitchen Organic - Allergen Friendly  (Read 2542 times)

Description:

Offline LaurensMom

Amy's Kitchen Organic - Allergen Friendly
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »
Tried their organic PN/TN/Dairy-free burritos - better than a restaurant. Their website is well done for answering FA questions.

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Amy's Kitchen Organic - Allergen Friendly
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:11 AM »
I'm not aware of their Burritos being TN-free - all their packaging that I have seen states that they use TN in their facilities, but not PN, shellfish and something else.  Maybe egg?  Maybe this is new?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
Well, looks like they label things as being free-from, but if you read the fine print, they're still produced in a facility with allergens...  I guess it depends on your comfort zone with this statement from their website:

I have several food allergies. Is there a possibility of cross-contact in your facility?

The safety of our customers is our top priority, and we recognize the needs of our customers, who have allergies or sensitivities to nuts, gluten, certain spices, etc. Amy's always discloses all ingredients (except for specific spices used in the product) on the ingredient statement as required by the FDA and will answer any questions that will help consumers decide what products they can safely consume.

A wide range of activities and cross-checks are completed to ensure that cross-contamination and/or inadvertent use of the wrong ingredient does not occur in our facilities.

At Amy's we take every precaution to ensure that cross-contamination of ingredients does not occur in our production facility, but we want you to know that this product was produced in a plant that processes foods containing wheat, milk, soy, tree nuts and seeds. Amy's Kitchen does not use any peanuts, fish, shellfish or eggs.

https://www.amys.com/faqs/food-allergies-cross-contact-in-your-facility
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:42:13 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline LaurensMom

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
All out but I could have sworn I saw PN-free

Thanks for the backup check though.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
Their website doesn't include PN-free labeling - just TN-free.  I assumed that was because they don't have any products with PN?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.