FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: MULTIPLE food allergies... help!  (Read 2158 times)

Description:

Offline KHow832

MULTIPLE food allergies... help!
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:36:28 AM »
Hi! I've been to 3 dietitians in my area & they don't know how to help me!
I'm 28 years old & here are my food allergies/limitations:

Wheat, soy, dairy, sugar, night shade foods.

I cannot keep eating quinoa for every meal. Any thoughts? I don't mean to be picky but to add to it I REALLY detest beans & hummus, I've tried them several ways and yuck!

Offline SilverLining

Re: MULTIPLE food allergies... help!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:10:36 AM »
How were the allergies diagnosed? What kind of doctor?

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »
Welcome!  There are a lot of really smart people here and we’d love to help. More info would steer us in the right direction.

What happens when you eat the above foods?  Are these IgE mediated Allergies?  Can you eat other forms of gluten besides wheat?  Are you vegetarian?

Hope we can help!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »
From the perspective of a Mom with a kiddo with multiple allergies, I look at your list and don't see what you can not eat, I see what you can eat! 

In addition to the questions already asked, what food categories are you looking for?

Such as you can eat fish and shellfish!  And there are so many different kinds that can be cooked so many different ways.  Meat, and chicken are good.  Lots of veggies are not night shades.  Fruits, nuts, and around here there are many many gluten free options in our grocery stores.

Do you like to cook?  Or are you looking for things to buy, heat and eat?

You can not have sugar, can you use maple syrup, honey, sugar substitutes?