login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Disney dining  (Read 2525 times)

Description:

Offline candyguru

Disney dining
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »
We were at Disney World in Orlando in early December and had incredibly positive experiences with Disney dining.. the girls could eat everywhere safely... incredible.

Their allergies:

DD1: wheat, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame
DD2: eggs, milk, tree nuts, peanuts

We ate at the following:

Grand Floridian Cafe, Grand Floridian Resort:
We had breakfast here several times and dinner once. Very allergy aware. They could make safe Mickey waffles and safe hash browns. Very allergy friendly. Dinner rolls safe too (from Deanna bakery)

Le Cellier, Epcot, Canada pavilion:
Once again, very allergy friendly. DD1 had a steak and french fries, DD2 had pasta and tomato marinara sauce, Enjoy Life cookies for dessert

Akershus, Epcot, Norway pavilion:
Character dining (princesses). DD1 had beef and corn. Enjoy Life cookies. Forgot what DD2 ate but she had rice milk ice cream (chocolate & vanilla) for dessert and loved it (Dairy-free / Nut-free)

Chef Mickey's, Contemporary Resort:
Once again, they enjoyed Mickey waffles and hash browns.

Be Our Guest, Magic Kingdom:
Very allergy friendly again. DD1 - Beef with french fries and corn, DD2 - I think she had a chicken leg with fries. Enjoy Life cookies for dessert.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Magic Kingdom:
Very very allergy friendly.. the chef, Lauren, was super allergy aware and even made extra pasta at the end of the meal to take back to the hotel since my daughter loved it. DD2 - Pasta with sun dried tomato sauce. DD1 - beef tenderloin & fries. As an appetizer, fresh strawberries. And more Enjoy Life cookies.

We stayed at the Polynesian Resort, which also had safe Mickey waffles, plus my daughters loved the french fries.

The Polynesian Resort also has Pineapple Lanai, which sells the famous pineapple Dole Whip. Both my daughters could enjoy the Dole Whip. DD1 could have vanilla and pineapple flavours.  DD2 could only have pineapple flavour as it is dairy free (the vanilla version contains milk).

Disney World is super allergy aware and we had such an easy time at all of the restaurants. The girls also ate chicken tenders or strips somewhere as well.

It was a great trip!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:53:54 PM by candyguru »
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Disney dining
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
DD had a great time in Disney and at Universal this summer.  Both good experiences and excellent service.  I was not there, she navigated it all herself.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
Hurray!!  I'm so happy to hear you had a great trip and that the food went well too.  We :heart: Disney for this very reason; it's the only place I truly feel comfortable eating away from home.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline MaryM

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »
Glad you had such a good time.  I am so sad we are not going in the new year :(  Too many other expenses.  My kids love eating out and we feel very comfortable at Disney.  We rarely eat out otherwise.

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 01:46:08 PM »
Perfect timing for me to see this . . .  DS has college training week there and 1 day the "free time" event is to go to Disney, including a meal.  THANK YOU!!!
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline candyguru

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »
Thanks everyone.. Disney is great!
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)