FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Udi’s Bread  (Read 2494 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Udi’s Bread
« on: November 19, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
I wrote to Udi’s asking about X-contam with peanuts, tree nuts and sesame. Here was the response:

Dear Ms F:

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about allergens in UDI's Bread .

All of our products are labeled with the most relevant allergen information directly on packaging. This information can be found directly beneath the ingredient listing.

We understand the importance of isolating ingredients and the desire to compile a list of products that are safe for use when an allergy is present. However, it is important to understand that ingredients frequently change and can change from one batch to the next. Therefore the actual packaging of the product on shelf that you are considering purchasing is the most appropriate source of allergen information as the allergen warnings on that label will specifically reflect the ingredients used to produce that batch.

I do apologize that I am not able to provide you with a more definitive answer regarding allergens but I do hope that you understand that our policy for referring consumers to labeling at shelf is intended only to ensure our product ingredients meet your specific needs at all times.

Sincerely,

Courtney

Brand Ambassador

Please do not reply to this email as it will not be received. Should you have additional questions, please call us at 1-201-421-3970.

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

Re: Udi’s Bread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:28:59 PM »
Yes, I get the same information every time I email them too.  We won't tell you, but you have to trust us.  Nope.  Not worth it. 

I've called and asked for further information, too, for other allergens, and they refuse to say anything other than what's in the email below: read the label, we won't disclose anything else.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
I am sonstramed that a company that supposedly caters to people with special dietary needs responds this way.

I just scrubbed out my toaster so DS can use it, since I’ve used it for toast. Tossing my butter as well.

Asshats.  :rant: :paddle: :bonking:
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:29:44 AM »
Can you get Canyon Bakehouse near you?  They are GF and nut free

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:58:44 AM »
Never heard of it, but I'll look for it.  And I guess there's always Amazon.  Thanks for the heads up.
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:20:40 AM »
Look on their website, I think they have where to find it function

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
Can you get Canyon Bakehouse near you?  They are GF and nut free
Found it at Stop and Shop.   :thumbsup:
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »
Excellent.  Depending on the store, I can get it in the frozen section and sometimes I can find it in the gluten free section.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »
We sometimes use Ener-G bread, too. I doubt it tastes as good as the other suggestions. I don't like it plain, only when used to make something else, like garlic toast or French Toast.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum